A key role in running DevOps processes
Haltian is a strong Finnish IoT product and service company operating in global markets. In IoT Haltian offers a scalable, secure and cost-efficient IoT Solution Platform for various business verticals. Our Empathic Building is a complete and end-to-end smart office solution that combines technology, culture and physical space into one. Everything we design and develop is well thought from usability and scalability point of view.
We have over 130 talented employees working with us globally, and as Haltian is on a path of solid growth, we are growing our team with a DevOps Lead. Our team has developed and delivered products scaling up to millions of devices into the hands of our global customers and even more innovative solutions are on their way. As a DevOps Lead at Haltian you will be working with teams that consist of true experts and you will have the key role in running DevOps processes between production and software teams.
We are looking for a motivated and self-driven person who knows his way with different technologies but who is also a good team player and a good communicator. You are eager to make things happen, and you want to develop the way things are done. You will have a great chance to make a difference and you will also get the possibility to work with our customers.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Define and maintain DevOps processes
- Deployment of new projects, archiving old projects, documentation of all DevOps processes
- Developing processes and ways of working, coaching others
- Opening and following tasks in JIRA, prioritization
- Overseeing that teams work seamlessly together, considering also the tools
- DevOps tools
- Clarifying and examining current tools, evaluating tools for 2022-2025, keeping up with licenses
- Following the development of tools and new features, taking care that Haltian’s tools for product development are up to date
- Working as key user for relevant tools
- Infrastructure as code (IAC)
- Source code control
- Git (Bitbucket, Gerrit, Gitlab)
- Access control
- Tools, source code, infrastructure, servers
- Azure AD integrations
- Server hardware (VMware)
- Cloud environments (AWS/Azure)
- DevOps operations cost estimations and budgeting together with management
- Cooperation with suppliers (servers etc.)
What you need to succeed
Are you inspired by your work and ready to learn?
- You have experience on Gerrit, Jenkins, Docker, Linux and Kubernetes
- You enjoy working in a complex and changing environment
- You have good communication skills and you are active in communication to all directions
- You are proactive and able to find answers and solve problems
- You will benefit from experience in Virtualisation (VMware) and networking
- You have common understanding on CI/CD tools
- You have the Ability to see the big picture and master large entities
- First and foremost; You get inspired by your work and you are motivated to learn
We offer you
Relaxed way of working in an environment of low bureaucracy and high freedom
- Great opportunity to develop your skills on widely varying projects, products, device types and services – both internal and created with exciting global customers
- Relaxed way of working in an environment of low bureaucracy and high freedom
- Hybrid way of working. There’s room at the office (Oulu), but you can also work from home.
- Flexible working hours, morning and evening people are both welcome
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Professional development
- Experienced and friendly colleagues
- Motivated and visionary leaders who value culture and trust
So, do you want to join us and create something that has never been done before? Tell us your story. We don’t want just cold facts, high grades, fancy titles or working machines. Instead, we need people who can justify their decisions, who have learned from their mistakes, who are able to speak out and think for themselves. The role of DevOps Lead will be one of the key roles in Haltian’s future.
How to apply? Submit your application to our recruitment system. Please keep in mind that we proceed immediately with potential candidates. Start of work is negotiable. For more information, you can contact our talent acquisition lead Meri Merkkiniemi, p. +358 44 4932704, firstname.lastname@example.org.